This project involves the demolition, remediation and redevelopment of a former manufacturing facility which was used for the production and storage of automotive batteries.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Asbestos abatement and hazardous material removal and disposal.
- Demolition of multiple structures including slabs.
- Processing and recycling/reuse of over 20,000 tons of concrete and masonry materials.
- Source area excavation of over 80,000 cubic yards of lead contaminated soil.
- Installation of a temporary structure and operation of a pug mill to stabilize over 90,000 tons of lead contaminated soil.
- Consolidation and placement of treated material on site.
- Excavation of over 10,000 cubic yards of TENORM Radioactive Material.
- Volume reduction of TENORM for disposal by mechanically screening the material.
- Removal of underground storage tanks.
- Construction of a clean utility corridor and storm sewer system.
- Installation of a site-wide soil cover system.
- Construction of a 5-acre park donated to the City of Niagara Falls.