OSC was contracted to demolish a generating station located in Palisades, CO. The plant had a two coal fired boiler generating system capable of 75 MWs. An active switch yard and an irrigation canal supplying water to local farms had to be protected during operations.
SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDED:
- Abatement of entire plant of asbestos containing materials.
- Removal and disposal all universal wastes including bulbs, ballasts, CFC’s, mercury containing devices, and PCB transformers.
- Abatement and demolition of two 150 foot stacks.
- Demolition of all site buildings to five feet below grade.
- Removal of all concrete bases, footers, and foundations.
- Development of a method to successfully segregate an estimated 2,000 cubic yards of UMTRA contaminated concrete to less than 600 cubic yards.
- Relocation and grading of 30,000 cubic yards of waste ash.
- Grading, capping, and closure of the 31 acre ash disposal landfill.
- Construction of site drainage system.