Removal and replacement of the existing ferry landing wharf in the vicinity of Matheson Island, MB. The replacement consisted of an engineered binwall.
- Supply and install turbidity curtain
- Removal of waste material
- Salvage of granular material
- Supply and install type II marine binwall
- Supply and install rubber arch fenders
- Supply and install geo-textile fabric
- Supply and install stone rip rap, crushed sub-base and granular A base course
- Supply and install steel bollards
- Supply and install cast in place concrete
Project was during the cold season and should be noted that divers were used under the ice to confirm that binwalls were installed and fastened together correctly. OSC also won the Special Projects award from Ministry of Infrastructure and Transportation of the Province of Manitoba at their annual awards ceremony 2012.